Mentoring system exists in the institute to ensure overall development of the students, which includes personal, professional, career development.
The system functions as under:
Faculty members are designated as mentors at their program level.
- Each faculty member is assigned 15- 20 students to mentor.
- The faculty mentor regularly interacts with the students assigned to him/her and guides them with respect to their academic issues.
- The mentor reviews the students’ academic performance, after each Internal Assessment (IA) test and also at the end of the semester, and gives detailed feedback to concerned student.
- Wherever necessary,the mentor, in consultation with the HoD and the concerned Course Instructor, arranges additional tutorial or remedial classes.
- Similarly,special classes are arranged for ‘slow learners” in courses as required.
- Likewise, whenever needed, the mentorarranges remedial classes for higher semester students.
As part of mentoring support exclusively for 1st year students:
- an exhaustive orientation program is arranged to give them an idea about the course and to bridge the gap between +2 level and the engineering course they have joined;
- a three-week Induction program is conductedas per VTU CBCS Regulations-2018, extensively coveringtopics like environmental awareness, sports, yoga & physical fitness, art & culture, ill-effects of ragging, psychology, communication skills and so on;
- One-week bridge course is arranged for 1st year MBA students by MBA department to ease students in courses like Accounting and Business Analytics, with the help of subject experts.